© 2007-2024 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Fitting Room Frenzy - Target's GO International Private Label Collection Photos & Mini Review

During a cosmetics-hunting shopping session at Target, I wandered over to the Juniors' Department for a quick browse of the Jovovich-Hawk leftovers and was pleasantly surprised to see the GO International Private Label Collection (which I was anxiously awaiting) on the racks. I thought this collection was launching April 13th, so I was jubilant to see it. There weren't many pieces, and they were hanging on the same racks as the few J-H pieces that were left. I happily grabbed my sizes and headed off to the fitting rooms for a little photoshoot. Please excuse the poor lighting, as it tends to be skewed heavily towards the unflattering yellow side in this particular Target store.



Go International Private labelI liked the floaty ombre T-shirt with fluttery sleeves pictured above, however, I didn't buy it because I thought it was too long for me. Other than that, it was comfortable, had a lining, and it was generally well constructed with the exception of a few loose threads on the inside seams.

Go International Private label
Go International Private LabelUp next was the one shoulder jersey dress. It comes in cobalt blue or in black. The photos don't show it, but there is a bow on the shoulder and small ruffles on the bust. I liked the length and the floaty fabric, however, I didn't buy it because it wasn't particularly flattering. Please excuse the boots - I know they don't go with the garments. That's just what I happened to be wearing today.

Go International Private Label
The shiny tuxedo jacket below actually surprised me a bit. It was more fashion-forward than I'd expect from Target. The exposed zipper was thick and sporty, the fit was tailored, and the shoulders were super wide and structured. Overall, I liked the piece, but I have to admit that I don't know how I'd wear it. Perhaps over a black skirt or LBD. It's not a piece that I'd wear often, as the look is strong and reminds me of 1980s power suits - not a good memory.

Go International Private label

GO International Private labelMy favorite piece on the racks was this strapless gray and yellow dress pictured below. I love the pleating detail at the top and the accented yellow waistline. What's even better is that is has pockets, perfect for stowing my hands away for that nonchalant, casual look. The top has a structured fit with boning and taping on the inside to help it stay put. It's made of 100% cotton, fully lined, and has a sporty yellow exposed zipper in the back. Not bad for $39.99. I can't wait to wear it.

Go International Private labelUp next was the trendy Grecian two-tone dress below. This was also $39.99. The inner pink layer is rayon and the outer gray layer is silk. It's a bit sheer, so I'd recommend a slip or some Spanx. The twisting effect on the shoulder is a bit tricky because it's not stitched down, so it may need adjustment upon getting dressed. I will definitely hand wash this one to ensure that the shoulder area doesn't become untwisted. I love the layered detail, which is something I wouldn't normally expect from Target. The dress has an elastic waistband, which makes it comfortable and helps to create a nice blouson effect. (I added a metallic belt.) Overall, it's an inexpensive, feminine dress and I'm very happy with it.

I'm excited to see more pieces from this collection, especially the black jumpsuit and the gray/neon pink shirtdress. You can bet that I'll be checking Target often for new arrivals! How about anyone else...have you seen pieces in the stores and if so, what do you think of them?

© 2008 Fashion Trend Guide