© 2007-2024 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Friday, August 21, 2015

Nine Key Fashion Trends for Fall 2015

A few weeks ago I shared my top fall 2015 back-to-school fashion trends on The Key To Chic. Although it's not yet Labor Day and summer is still officially in full swing, I've got autumn trends on my mind. Every store I walk into is stocked with plaid tops, boots, flared denim, colorful cardigans, and other great fall updates. 

I'm fresh from a few days at the fashion trade shows (a trend forecast for fall/winter '16/'17 is coming soon to The Key To Chic), and all the fashion forecasters can talk about are a few new-ish silhouettes including: duster coats, turtlenecks, A-line skirts, flared pants, and block-heeled boots. I'm inspired by many of the things I photographed at the shows, and I'm ready to update my wardrobe with some key items for the new season. Think '60s meets '70s with a nod to menswear and an emphasis on fabrics such as suede, brushed wool, mohair, silk, and denim. Oh, and shoes! Since I'm a shoe addict, I'm enamored with the mod '60s-inspired block-heeled bootie; it's my must-have shoe for fall, and it pairs perfectly with another great piece that I've seen just about everywhere - the button-front A-line mini. 

Below are nine of my top fall updates, all under $225.

Fall 2015 Fashion Trends

Skinny silk scarf, $29.90
Illesteva circular mirrored sunglasses, $177
Topshop turtleneck top, $52
Duster coat, $85
Madewell lariat necklace, $35
A-line denim mini skirt, $52
Block-heeled leather ankle boots, $225
Fringe bag, $24
Paige flared jeans, $189

More fall updates: