2. Don't be intimidated by the aggressive Roman drivers and follow the advice of one of my tour guides by saying a prayer each time you cross the street.
3. Eat gelato and savor a refreshing cappuccino as an afternoon snack.
4. Tour the Colosseum, admire its architecture, and soak in its hundreds of years of history.
5. For a taste of fashion and trend spotting, go window shopping and people watching along Via Condotti and Via del Corso - Rome's best shopping streets.
6. Get lost in the narrow cobblestone streets of ancient Rome and discover endless piazzas with outdoor dining, statues, and spectacularly ornate churches.
7. Venture outside of the city to marvel at the beauty of the Villa d'Este and relax in its breathtaking fountains and gardens.
8. Skip the dense crowds at the overrated Trevi Fountain and head for the fresh produce, pasta, and gifts at the Campo de' Fiore.
9. Enjoy the stunning views of Rome and the Tiber River from the upper levels of the Castel Sant' Angelo.