© 2007-2024 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

I See Sequins

My constant exposure to an array of fashion magazines and the retail scene often leaves me with a mental wish list of items each season. Sequins are no exception. As someone who daydreams of fun sparkly outfits to wear out at night, I often gravitate toward the sequin tops and tunics that can be found just about everywhere this fall. At last count, I have about five sequin tank tops. My most recent trip to F21 leaves me with six, as I couldn't resist this gray ribbed top with sequins sewn on the front. To dress a top like this down for daytime, I could simply pair it with a fitted white T-shirt underneath, some wide-leg jeans, and my cartoon print Chucks which I wear everywhere. I admit to overbuying certain trends such as this one, but I think sequins will hold strong through the SS '08 season.

silver sequin tank top

More sequins, this time in the form of the sequin beret I've been stalking at Urban for a while. It also comes in solid red or black, but I chose the multi-colored one. Berets are almost becoming too prevalent for me, now that everyone is wearing them pulled low over the hairline like Rachel Bilson.

sequin beret
Here's another way to rock the beret - more of a stereotypically French style. It looks playful when titled off to one side. I think it takes some attitude to pull this look off.

sequin beret
Below is the Manoush jacket that had me craning my neck when I walked past Anthropologie last weekend. I found it on the Anthropologie website, but the image is too small and does not do it justice. While prowling the sale racks in the Santa Barbara store, I almost jumped up and down when I saw it on sale for $129.95. It has eyelet trim, zippered pockets, puffy sleeves and interesting banded elbow areas.

Manoush jacket