© 2007-2024 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Skinny Mondays

Although I'm a jeans girl through and through, lately I have been trying to make use of the dresses, jumpsuits, leggings, and shorts that I have recently added to my summer wardrobe. It's been a while since I've purchased an expensive pair of jeans. I've even refrained from buying some designer denim at great sale prices because I'm trying to break that bad habit! Therein lies my obsession with Cheap Monday denim. Yes, it's designer. The fit is amazing, the quality is great, and the styles are cutting edge. The only thing missing is the absurd $200 price tag. At $65 per pair, it's tempting to buy 2 or 3 pairs at a time. I'm sick of inspecting more and more high end denim lines when I go shopping and turning over the price tag to reveal numbers hovering near and above the $200 mark! I have all the designer denim that I want at the moment, and I also have lots of low-end mass retailer denim as well. To be honest, there is not much of a difference. When shopping for jeans, some basic things to look for are:
  • less than 2% spandex or lycra so the denim doesn't stretch too much
  • well placed back pockets (not too low or too high, not too big or too small)
  • quality zippers that won't snag or break
  • a waistband that fits snugly and does not gap out in the back
  • a waistband that allows you to sit down without showing too much (bye-bye low rise jeans!)

Cheap Monday jeansWhat I love about Cheap Monday is that they are simple yet flattering. When I first picked up a pair, I thought they would be unflattering due to the high rise and tapered leg. Now I love the higher rise because it's practical and trendy. The main reason why these jeans are flattering is because they have larger back pockets which are placed lower down than most styles of skinny jeans. This creates the illusion of a smaller backside. it also works in the opposite way. Smaller pockets = the illusion of a bigger backside! Furthermore, there is no whiskering or fading around the upper thigh or butt area, and this has a slimming effect.

To snag your own pair of Cheap Mondays without leaving the house, check out the Blue Bee online boutiques.

Photo credit: bluebee.com