The weekend before last I attended a fall fashion show and grand opening celebration of the Cusp department at Neiman Marcus Topanga. In my experience, when Neiman Marcus hosts an event, they leave no detail left untouched; food, beverages, music, models, makeup, and fall fashion trends were all represented in full force. Given my affinity for laid-back events that fuse shopping with fashion shows, this event checked all the boxes for a fun and relaxing afternoon at my favorite shopping center. The lust worthy labels that fill the Cusp department (e.g. Alice + Olivia, Rag & Bone, A.L.C., J Brand, Rachel Zoe, Clover Canyon, Equipment, Current/Elliott, and Diane von Furstenberg) are all on my radar and fortunately, some are even in my closet. While some of the Cusp shoppers at the event opted for hair makeovers, photobooth fun, mini cupcakes, colorful candy, and makeup tips, I spent plenty of time wandering the racks, dreaming up new outfits and imagining where I'd wear them as I documented my top picks with my iPhone. Below are some of the fashionable highlights.
Above from top to bottom, left to right:
1. the digital screen surrounded by natural lighting in the mall's Canyon Court
2. Current/Elliott arrow jeans that would be super chic with a white cable knit and black suede ankle boots
3. quirky seating near the store entrance
4. bright hues, bold prints and silk pieces by DvF
5. tuxedo blazer by A.L.C.
6. some of the sweets for the shoppers
Above, from top to bottom, left to right:
1. store decorations in the view from the escalator
2. the Rag & Bone department, where I spent a lot of time browsing closet staples
3. J Brand's super soft velvet brocade jeans (great with a dark chambray shirt and leather boots for casual days or with a navy wool peacoat and metallic pumps for cold nights on the town)
4. sparkly heels that are perfect for the holiday season
5. neon top paired with tweed jacket (potential Friday night outfit)
6. a sleek and professional outfit on the left, and an edgy and rock 'n' roll outfit featuring Balmain on the right
All images and text © 2012 http://fashiontrendguide.blogspot.com. May not be reproduced or republished in any medium.
All photos and written content (including comments) on this blog are the property and original work of Fashion Trend Guide™ unless stated otherwise. All of the material on Fashion Trend Guide™ is copyrighted and protected by law, and shall not be rewritten, published, or used in any medium without permission. Please email Fashion Trend Guide™ for permission if you are interested in using photos or written content. In other words, don't steal content or bandwidth from this site, it's against the law. If you steal content from this site, be advised that your web host will be notified and immediate legal action will be taken. © 2007-2013 Fashion Trend Guide™. All rights reserved.