© 2007-2024 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Floral Fever - A Mini Review of Liberty of London for Target

In an effort to satisfy my love for Liberty prints, bounce back from my disappointment over the nylon-infested Jean Paul Gaultier line, and inspect the Liberty of London for Target merchandise in person, I arrived at Target just before 8am this morning. No, I'm not proud to admit this, but I was determined in my search to hunt down the teapot, wallets, scarves, mugs, and rain boots. Given the fact that I went out last night and we set the clocks forward, thereby losing a precious hour of sleep, my motivation level for shopping this collection was remarkably high. (I'm not likely to get up this early on a Sunday unless there is fashion, work, or travel involved.) By 10am, I had successfully found what I wanted after visiting four Target stores. Perhaps a bit fanatical, but the handful of other women shopping at the first three stores were equally as determined. Each store that I visited (in a 15 mile radius) had widely varying merchandise, and if anyone is wondering, none of the stores carried either the bikes, chairs, or trench coats.
Without getting into a wordy review, here are my pro and con observations:
Pros:
1. There is a wide selection of prints and items for the home and family, ranging from: notebooks, bikes, stationery, storage boxes, watering cans, swimwear, silk ties, boxer shorts, bras, maxi dresses, headbands, wallets, tote bags, etc.
2. The women's polyester dresses were slightly disappointing (I would've preferred cotton), but on the bright side, the polyester felt more silky/soft than the usual polyester pieces that Target sells.
3. Prices were reasonable, with many items under $35.
4. Women's apparel and intimates run true to size, and there are petites sizes in the women's clothing.
5. Dining and home items were placed on the endcap displays of main aisles, so they were easier to find than I was expecting.
6. The girls' clothing was made of cotton, and the larger sizes would fit petite women, if they are so inclined.
Cons:
1. Merchandise in this line is scattered throughout the stores, instead of in one central area, making it hard to find without walking through most of the store if you're seeking items from different departments. (I was expecting this, and I got plenty of exercise today just walking around four stores, which might actually be an upside.)
2. Signage and promotional visuals weren't posted in all of the stores, making it less visible to shoppers.
3. The rain boots, mugs, dining accessories, gardening items, and teapots were very limited in quantity. (One store only had five mugs in each print, and one of each size in the women's and girls' rain boots.)
4. Target employees were largely clueless about this collection and although they were helpful, they clearly weren't trained to know much about Liberty of London's merchandise or what they had in stock.
5. Once again, ebayers have bought in bulk and hiked up the prices for everyone else.
Below, photos of the men's and women's apparel and intimates
Liberty of London for Target dresses

Liberty of London for Target shirts

Liberty of London for Target dresses

Liberty of London for Target

Liberty of London for Target

Liberty of London for Target

Liberty of London for Target

Below, what I hauled home for myself
Liberty of London for Target

Liberty of London for Target