© 2007-2024 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Shopping the H&M Garden Collection

This morning I visited my nearest H&M store in an effort to inspect the affordable and eco-friendly Garden Collection. Apparently, other shoppers were anxious to check it out as well. I arrived shortly before lunchtime, and there appeared to be high shopper interest in the floral tunics and floaty dresses. Never one to shy away from a colorful floral print, I snapped a few photos of the displays.
H&M garden collection

H&M garden collection

H&M garden collection floral tunic

H&M garden collection

H&M garden collection shoes
It all looked so ideal for warm weather, as if the designers were inspired by some coastal resort town with lots of flowers in bloom. I tried on a floral tunic, made of recycled polyester. I found it to be both comfortable and breezy, although the sizing seemed to run large. Many of the pieces on the racks were slightly transparent, leaving me to sigh in disappointment. Additionally, the voluminous silhouettes are, in my opinion, best suited to taller women, as they can overwhelm petite frames.

H&M garden collection floral tunic
Here is the tunic tucked into the floral shorts, which are made of tencel, but feel like cotton. Like the tunic, the shorts ran a bit big. In the end, as much as I loved the prints, I didn't buy anything from the collection, as the transparent nature of the fabrics and the lack of the rosette pieces (which I was most anticipating) were dealbreakers for me.
H&M garden collection floral shorts and tunic