- Make sure the jeans are snug and fit well. They won't be flattering if they stretch or sag in the waist, crotch or bum area.
- If wearing a wide-leg style, pair the jeans with wedges or high heels to visually elongate the leg. That is, unless you're 5'10" like a model.
- If wearing a skinny leg style, also consider your body type when choosing your footwear. If you're lean, opt for flats. If you have some curves, then heels will balance out your proportions.
- Remember that the high waisted style can make your legs look longer, but it may also make your booty look bigger because of the extra fabric. Pick jeans that have pockets that are placed lower down. If the pockets are too high or too small, this can also make the booty look larger than it really is. Remember, these aren't mom jeans. They're high-waisted, but they can be modern and flattering.
- Avoid high-waisted styles that have whiskering and fading on the thighs and butt area. I tried on a pair at TopShop with fading and whiskering that looked OK from the front but horrible from the back. Fading highlights those areas and whiskering creates horizontal lines across the thighs which is unflattering.
- Don't forget to tuck in your shirt! When tucking it in, don't pull the blouse or shirt out too much because this adds volume where you don't want it. On the other hand, don't tuck it in too tightly because it looks stuffy and is uncomfortable.
- Accessorize with a skinny belt to draw attention to your high-waisted style.
- Have fun with it! And smile because no one is going to see your plumbers' smile!
All photos and written content (including comments) on this blog are the property and original work of Fashion Trend Guide™ unless stated otherwise. All of the material on Fashion Trend Guide™ is copyrighted and protected by law, and shall not be rewritten, published, or used in any medium without permission. Please email Fashion Trend Guide™ for permission if you are interested in using photos or written content. In other words, don't steal content or bandwidth from this site, it's against the law. If you steal content from this site, be advised that your web host will be notified and immediate legal action will be taken. © 2007-2013 Fashion Trend Guide™. All rights reserved.
Friday, June 8, 2007
How To Wear...High Waisted
So tonight I made a "costume change" for the latter part of my day (dinner and a movie) and I decided to break out my brand new high-waisted jeans from TopShop. I am very confident that no one else in a fifty mile radius has this style of jeans. In my area, the only other way to snag a pair would be to pay lots of cash for some See by Chloé jeans at Nieman Marcus or to shop the vintage stores for a pair from the 70's. While getting dressed, I couldn't quite find the right top to make my outfit work. So I devised some style tips on how to wear high-waisted jeans.