© 2007-2024 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Thakoon For Target - A Quick Fitting Room Review

August 2019 update - If you missed out on Thakoon for Target the first time around, bookmark this page now to shop the #Target20 anniversary collection on September 14, 2019. Target is celebrating 20 years of design by re-releasing some of its bestsellers, Thakoon included. See which pieces they are bringing back and get shopping tips here.




Without going into detail about each piece, here are my fitting room photos of the six pieces I tried on from Thakoon's GO International collection at Target. I didn't find many of the designs to be flattering on my frame, as the pleats and full, loose shapes of the garments added bulk. I found the collection's skirts and dresses to have a more mature appeal than past GO collections. In particular, I feel that the A-line skirts, full dresses, and the canvas trench coat have a sophisticated feel which may help to attract an older customer than past GO collections. To define my waist and reign in volume, I added my skinny studded belt to two of the pieces. In the end, I purchased the cyber floral dress, the shibori print cardigan in navy/white, the striped dress in tree frog/blue, and the oxford striped tee in blue/tree frog (not pictured). The resort-like qualities of the pieces, with their summer prints and lightweight fabrics, have me longing for warmer weather or for a vacation to somewhere like Hawaii or Australia. As a resident of sunny southern California, I'll be wearing my new purchases very soon, but if I lived in a colder climate, I might be stashing these away for a few months.

Thakoon for target

Thakoon for Target

Thakoon for Target

Thakoon for Target

Thakoon for Target