© 2007-2024 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Friday, June 13, 2008

The 3 R's

reusable canvas shopping bag Lately I have been bringing my canvas totes along whenever I'm out shopping in order to reduce the amount of plastic and paper bags that I use. After peeking under the sink and seeing the outrageous amount of bags that have accumulated over the years, I'm astounded and disgusted by my previous lack of responsibility. So now I try to make it a habit to fold up a canvas bag in my handbag or put some in the car so I have them with me when I'm out shopping. On many occasions, a sales clerk will look surprised and shocked when I ask them if I can use my own bags instead of theirs. Why is this so unusual? Is it such a foreign idea to southern Californians? I should think not; I think it's time that more people start bringing their own reusable bags. For me, this is one small lifestyle change, and by blogging about it, I hope to raise awareness about the need to be eco-friendly and reduce waste. I feel so much better knowing that I've saved dozens of bags from ending up in landfills, and my goal is to continue to add more eco-friendly habits to my lifestyle.

© 2008 Fashion Trend Guide. All rights reserved. May not be reproduced without permission.