© 2007-2024 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Friday, May 16, 2008

Shopping Heaven in Argentina - Unicenter

Of all the people that I observed during my trip to Buenos Aires, I thought that the young teens in and around Unicenter were the most stylish. With about 300 stores, Unicenter may be South America's biggest shopping center, and given the endless shopping and entertainment options that Unicenter offers, I can understand why there were droves of people of all ages there on the Sunday evening when I went. People in Argentina love to hang out, watch each other, and shop. What I liked most is that the mall is open until 10pm daily, so that's a bonus for people like me who prefer to shop later in the day. If you plan on traveling to Buenos Aires, my advice would be to skip the rest of the malls in the city and head out to Unicenter (which is in the suburb of Martínez, about 25km from downtown Buenos Aires). It has all of the same stores as the malls in the city and then some, and better yet - without the tourist markups. The mall even does a shopping tour with free lunch from 1pm to 6pm, with transportation to and from certain hotels. It's a great place to see what the locals are buying, wearing, and doing. Below is a candid street style photo of three stylish teen girls that I spotted just outside Unicenter.

Buenos Aires Argentina street style
© 2008 Fashion Trend Guide