© 2007-2024 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Monday, March 24, 2008

The Driskill Hotel in Austin - A Review

As I just returned from Austin, my next few posts will be dedicated to my experiences during my short trip to the capital of Texas. I do apologize if you find them boring, as I will cover more than just the topic of fashion in my attempts to become somewhat of an amateur travel writer.

Driskill Hotel Austin

My stay at the Driskill Hotel (pictured above) in the heart of the 6th Street Entertainment District was a pleasurable one. From the moment the valet opened up the car door and unloaded my luggage, I knew this hotel would make my stay as comfortable as possible. Any time I don't have to lift my over-loaded suitcase I'm a happy camper, especially with my bad back. Upon entering the hotel lobby, I was greeted by fancy columns, intricate marble flooring, ornate ceilings, and plenty of comfortable seating. Texas memorabilia adorned every nook and cranny of the lobby, bar, and mezzanine areas. Part of the reason why I chose the Driskill was because I wanted the full Texas experience. This hotel had so much more character, history, and personality than the other chain hotels in the area. All of the staff members that I encountered were friendly and very helpful. On the second day, the concierge recommended a fabulous place for breakfast called Austin Java, located at 301 W. 2nd St.

Driskill Hotel Austin The well-appointed rooms had free high-speed internet, a ceiling fan, heating and a/c, a mini-bar and refrigerator, plush robes, and two vanity areas - one inside the bathroom and one outside. The vintage-inspired bathrooms were roomy and had plenty of lighting options, which is such a great perk. The housekeeping staff left plenty of extra towels every day. Although the beds were not the most comfortable, I slept well every night of my stay. For anyone traveling to Austin, I would highly recommend the Driskill Hotel, located at 604 Brazos St. The location is great for sightseeing, partying, and absorbing everything else that Austin has to offer.

The ceiling in the lobby with its decorative glasswork.

Driskill Hotel Austin Pictured above and below is the seating in the Texas-themed bar and mezzanine area. At night, there is a pianist who plays and also chats with visitors.

Driskill Hotel Austin