© 2007-2024 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

More San Francisco Shopping

My trip to Nordstrom in San Francisco Centre was worthwhile, as I bought two wool jackets and two metallic clutches. Pictured below is one of the jackets in red. I liked it so much that I bought it in deep purple as well. I guess seeing so many people in the city wearing black inspired me to add some cheerful color to my winter wardrobe. Interestingly enough, the color red is thought to increase the heart rate and catch people's attention. I paired the red jacket with my new purple skinnies from American Apparel (which were purchased at the Union Street location). The giraffe print peep-toe pumps I'm wearing are actually from Target. Yes, Target! I think they could easily pass for $300 shoes. I went to the Target in Cupertino, California on the way home and was quite impressed. It was much nicer than the ones in my area. The selection of shoes was so much better!


I can't get enough of the tuxedo trend this season, and this tuxedo jacket I'm wearing below was only $25 at H&M. It has slightly padded shoulders and nice tailoring considering the low price point.

I know that I had previously written that I tried on Erin Fetherston's red silk babydoll dress and thought it was too flashy. Well it must have grown on me seeing it on the racks so many times. I guess it wasn't a popular seller because most Target stores I have visited had plenty in stock. I scored this one on sale for about $30! It's a great party dress, and I could also wear it around Valentine's day if I so desire. In order to make it look less juvenile and more sophisticated, I paired it with my animal print pumps, my vintage-style pocket watch necklace, and a metallic clutch. I have a sequin beret that will top off the look as well (not pictured due to my modesty).

Below is my beloved new tuxedo strapless dress, my coat of arms necklace, and my new Loeffler Randall for Target metallic bow handbag. I'm going to have to disagree with the LA Times Image section, in which Erin Weinger described the line's rose gold metallic finish as "straight out of a mall kiosk." On the contrary, I thought the rose gold color was fresher than the ivory and copper metallic hues in the line. I also think the chain link strap and the bow give the handbag a luxe appearance, making it look like it cost more than its $24.99 price tag. What do you think of the line? Have you purchased any of the items?


Most of the time, shopping at any Forever 21 store can easily bring on a headache. Blaring loud mall-store music, hoards of cell phone chatting teens, and endless racks overpiled with merchandise can make me lose my patience. The 3-story F21 flagship on Powell and Market is no exception. The loss prevention alarm probably goes off every 4 minutes, and the line at the cash register on the first floor is usully 20 people deep. I wasn't impressed with the wares this time, but I can usually find items at this flagship that other F21's don't stock, so I always make a point of going there when I'm in town. This time around I emerged with only one item - a very high-waisted pencil skirt in dark denim. Below I styled it with a faux fur cape, a skinny metallic belt, some black slash front pumps from Target, and my new metallic patchwork clutch from Nordstrom. I think the look is very ladylike. When it comes to clutches, I look for one that will fit my PDA, my camera, a compact, 2 lip glosses, and my keys. The average nighttime clutch is just too small! A girl's gotta make sure she has all of her tools!