© 2007-2024 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

1 Top 3 Ways


For those of you who were disappointed by Erin Fetherston's GO International collection for Target, I apologize in advance for yet another post on this topic. It seems that my local Target store received 90% of the pieces in the collection, and there's still a lot left on the racks. I went back and picked up 3 more pieces: the black babydoll dress with the Peter Pan collar, the black ruffled spaghetti strap top, and the ivory woven top with the black Peter Pan collar. The focus of this post is the ruffled spaghetti strap top. When I first saw it, I wasn't overly impressed. I've seen many tops like this and I didn't think it would flatter my figure. When I tried it on at home, I noticed that it has a subtle A-line shape and I liked the contrasting velvet fabric on the top panel and on the straps. I decided to try and style the top 3 different ways...
Look 1 - Feminine Romantic - Poet-sleeved blouse from H&M, a vintage pencil skirt, some Prada-esque sandals, and a quilted poodle-print clutch.
Look 2 - Edgy Ladylike - Same pencil skirt as Look 1, with a faux fur leopard print shrug, some "tough girl" fingerless leather gloves, gold peep-toe pumps, and a gorgeous croc print frame bag that I received for my birthday. (Thanks, S. R.!)
Look 3 - Urban Rocker - Printed scarf with fringe from F21, resin "love" bracelets also from F21, leopard print jeans from Urban Outfitters, pink croc print clutch from Banana Republic, and "vintage" Nine West boots that I resurrected from the depths of my closet.
If you like what you see, click the image to enlarge.