© 2007-2024 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Monday, July 9, 2007

Camouflage Shorts


During my extensive shopping in London, I saw many a pair of corset-style high-waisted jeans and shorts. Some of the pairs I tried on were not so flattering and others were made of uncomfortable synthetic fabrics. So I ended up passing on this style in the hopes that it would hit the States sometime very soon. Fortunately, I did not have to wait long. I found some high-waisted cotton shorts at a new boutique in downtown Ventura that I discovered on Saturday afternoon. The boutique is called Camouflage and it is located at 248 Main Street. There - now my secret is out! It is my new favorite boutique in Ventura!


Camouflage Ventura
I wandered into the store quite by accident, as I admit that I rarely walk down this block of Main Street (west of Palm St). I was pleasantly surprised when I immediately found a couple of cotton printed tunics on the front rounder rack that cost less than $15. As I continued browsing, I saw some fabulous gray skinny jeans with rhinestone detailing on the back pockets, some great printed summer dresses for under $50, and the amazing corset-style high waisted shorts that I ended up buying for less than $25.

Camouflage is an easy store to shop because of its bright yet simple decor and its long parallel racks of merchandise. I am definitely going to return to the store when I am looking for fashion-forward and inexpensive items! I was shocked when I heard the store has been open for a year. I can't believe what I have been missing! It's hard to find high-waisted shorts out here, and the only place in which I've seen them is at Forever 21 (in icky synthetic fabrics) and at LF in Santa Barbara for upwards of $150. (I'll post photos later this week of LF's merchandise.)

For night, I may wear my shorts with my new highliter neon tank from American Apparel, a white or neon pink plastic beaded necklace and a faux tan.