© 2007-2024 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Friday, April 27, 2007

How To Wear...Colored Denim

colored denim
Here are some of my tips on how to wear one of this season's freshest trends, colored denim. Whether it's pastel lavender, cherry red, or electric blue, have fun with this trend! Just remember to keep it current by pairing it with a neutral-colored top. You don't want to overpower the jeans by adding too much color (like I did in the early 1990s). I might pair colored denim with a graphic T or two thin layered tank tops. For some reason, skinny jeans work best with this look, and I have yet to see colored denim that is bootcut, flared, or even wide-leg. I like it when the jeans are slightly bunched up around the ankle or pulled over some pointy high heels to visually elongate the legs. While I recommend pairing colored denim with a heather gray, black, or white top, I would be a little bit more adventurous with my necklace or handbag. As for footwear, stick to neutrals. If you're bold, you could pull off a fun printed footwear design. Remember, the denim is going to take center stage, so avoid looking cartoonish by not mixing too many bright or bold colors. And have fun with it!
Photo courtesy of: http://www.urbn.com/