© 2007-2024 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Monday, April 9, 2007

Flea Market Finds - What I Bought

I am not afraid to admit that I am a shopaholic. When I'm shopping, I'm also doing what I like to call "market research." Due to the nature of my intense devotion to fashion, I must stay on top of current and upcoming trends. if this means shopping on a regular basis, then I will not object.

I find great items almost every time I go to the Rose Bowl Flea Market. My second time there, I bought an aboriginal bracelet for $2. My third time there, I bought a much-coveted vintage Orange County Boy Scout shirt for $5. (Then they got trendy and I stopped wearing mine.) That day I also found some great fabric patches for $1 apiece. Yesterday I bought a Hello Kitty T-shirt for $10. These are the same T-shirts that sell for upwards of $28 at places like Delias and Urban Outfitters. I also bought a crocheted beanie with a rosette which will come in handy for my trip to London.

I have been looking for a great yellow bag and I finally found this canvas bag with yellow patent trim. It has a few functional pockets and is not so big that the contents get lost.

I scored this guitar bag for $8 at the flea market. They also had one in bright pink.

While I'm not normally a huge fan of pink, I could not resist this kitschy top with polks dots and poodles on the trim. This top also came in yellow.

As I was on my way out of the flea market, I stopped by a booth that had cute tops. This tunic by Monteau caught my attention. The combination of colors in this top is flattering to my coloring. I can't wait to wear it on a sunny Saturday afternoon!

I photographed more items that caught my eye at the Rose Bowl Flea Market and will post those photos later this week. Happy shopping!