© 2007-2024 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

L'Amour Nanette Lepore JCPenney Review

Recent walks through JCPenney have stopped me in my tracks due to the fresh assortment of printed denim, revamped visual merchandising techniques, in-store boutiques, and most recently, the new L'Amour Nanette Lepore collection for Juniors. JCPenney seems to be stepping up their fashion collaboration game, especially with a Duro Olowu collection on the horizon. After seeing the L'Amour Nanette Lepore neon dresses, moto jacket, and breezy blouses online and in a mailer, the collection piqued my interest, so I went in to browse the collection and try a few pieces on for review. 

Below are looks from the mailer I just received. At first glance, I thought that the moto jacket, graphic tee, and printed denim looked edgy and appealing on the leggy model.






In the store, I was met with fun signage that in combination with the collection's neon hues and vivid prints, was impossible to miss.





Cute details such as contrasting linings and look-at-me fluorescent colors make the collection fun and appropriate for summer. The bold print on this dress below instantly reminded me of the psychedelic prints of the '60s.





After surveying the merchandise (which seemed to be selling well) and selecting my favorites, I took a few pieces to the fitting room.

My top pick was the faux leather moto jacket because its unexpected lining and quilted details made it a standout and versatile piece. My only complaint is that the wrists were too tight, and I would've liked to have seen zippers there. At $50, it was the most expensive piece I spotted.




The sleeveless neon dress had a flirty shape, sporty back zip, and very stretchy fabric. I can see it being dressed up with heels and a jacket or worn for casual summer days with Converse or beachy sandals.





I found the galaxy printed jeans to be fun, and made of decent, not-too-stretchy soft cotton fabric, although the rise was two inches too low for my preference. The fit was true to Juniors sizing, and the length was generous (hence the rolled hems). 



Although I'm not the target customer for this collection, I was drawn to the vivid prints and cheerful neon colors. The collection's cutout details, bold colors, sporty fabrics, and fair prices (ranging from $17 - $50) make it an on-trend and budget-friendly option for the teenager or twenty-something shopper who isn't afraid to stand out by wearing color. 

The more sophisticated Duro Olowu collection is on my radar, and after browsing the lookbook and seeing the feminine dresses and accessories, I'm happily anticipating trying on the merchandise when it debuts next month.

Shop the spring 2015 collection:



See more L'Amour Nanette Lepore: