© 2007-2024 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Lighten Up

As I daydream about shedding my dark, heavy winter layers in exchange for lighter, fresher pieces for spring, I find myself drawn to pinkish/nude pastel shades. Pieces in muted mauve, dusty beige, and subtle ivory hues offer a more sophisticated alternative to typical Easter-like colors seen in spring such as buttery yellow, bubblegum pink, and sky blue. Come spring, I'll be reaching for my tan clogs and faint pink platform heels for their leg-lengthening effects. Below, some budget-friendly pastel picks from my favorite online retailers.

pastel fashion trend

1. Pink tassel edge scarf, Topshop.com, $32
2. Waterfall jersey jacket, Newlook.co.uk, £22
3. Chilltown dress in dusty pink, Lulus.com, $37
4. Glitter nail polish, Charlotterusse.com, $3.50
5. Nude peep-toe pump, Dorothyperkins.com, £40
6. Pastel quilted handbag, Asos.com, $26.63

images via topshop.com, newlook.co.uk, lulus.com, charlotterusse.com, dorothyperkins.com, & asos.com