© 2007-2024 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Tucker for Target

While browsing Racked NY this morning, I came upon an article about an upcoming designer for Target's GO International initiative. Does Tucker by Gaby Basora ring a bell for anyone? I'm ashamed to admit I've never heard of Tucker by Gaby Basora, but after doing some research and visiting the designer's site, I've become enamored with her breezy silhouettes and wearable resort-like prints. Granted, she may be one of the least known designers to partner with Target, so I don't feel so bad having never heard of her line. Now you can consider me educated, and a new fan of her designs.

Known for her incredibly flattering and wearable silk tops and dresses, the New York-based designer launched her line about three years ago, and her collection for Target will be available sometime this summer. As a fan of breezy silk tops, fun florals, and animal prints, I'm already highly anticipating this collection. Here's to playful rompers, flirty dresses, and lightweight tops (hopefully not done in Target's oft-used, cheap-feeling polyester) just in time for warm weather.

Tucker by Gaby Basora

above, some of my favorite looks from Tucker's resort '09 collection

(images via tuckerbygabybasora.com)