© 2007-2024 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

It's A Shoe-In

Marshalls shoe mega shop
It's no secret that I have always had a love affair with footwear. From the pink cowboy boots that I wore at age ten to the Fornarina platform wedges that I bought a few summers ago, I have fallen in love with many a pair of shoes. So when I walked into the Shoe MegaShop at Marshalls this past weekend, I knew I'd find something to suit my taste. As I browsed through aisles and aisles of peep-toe wedges, slingbacks, ballet flats, athletic shoes, and sporty flip flops, a pair of gorgeous Nine West sandals with sculptural heels caught my eye. They came in white patent, bronze, and black patent. Tough choice, because they had my size in each color. Better yet, at the low price of $24.99, I could even opt for more than one pair. I mulled it over as I walked through the large space, which was surprisingly neat and organized for a Saturday afternoon.

If you haven't been to a Marshalls lately and experienced the Shoe MegaShop, Marshalls has been expanding its family footwear departments in hundreds of stores across the United States. Each Shoe MegaShop will feature an expanded 5,000-square-foot shoe department in an easy-to-shop 'store within a store.' Shoes are organized by style, and boxes are placed below each style to make for easy and fast shopping. To add to the selection, the perimeter wall shelves at the store I visited contained hundreds of shoes organized by size, with an extensive selection of colorful printed rain boots, which almost made me wish for rain.

As I shopped, I spied trendy styles by: Jessica Simpson, Anne Klein, Bongo, Nine West, Tahari, Steve Madden, and Converse. In addition to the sculptural heels by Nine West, I particularly liked a towering tan platform pump by Jessica Simpson and some baby blue Converse All Stars. Most of the prices were under $60, and many of the shoes I admired were under $30. The selection includes small Men's and Children's sections as well, making it family-friendly, budget-friendly, and convenient.

Marshalls shoe mega shop

© 2008 Fashion Trend Guide