© 2007-2024 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Monday, March 3, 2008

Jovovich-Hawk Flies Off The Racks At Target

I must have underestimated the popularity that the Jovovich-Hawk GO International Collection for Target would have. This is the tenth GO collaboration, and judging from the looks on the racks of the 4 Target stores that I have been to in the past 2 days, many pieces in this collection will sell out, if they haven't already. The Target closest to my home had the best selection, and when I arrived there at around 1pm, I could see lots of the smaller sizes missing. The black and gold star print vest was just about gone, as were many of the printed chiffon dresses. I grabbed what looked interesting to me and headed off to the overly crowded dressing room to take some photos.

Jovovich Hawk for TargetI really liked this teal colored crochet-trimmed dress, but when I tried it on, the trim on the neck and sleeves irritated my sensitive skin, so I decided to pass.
Jovovich Hawk for TargetThis dress was one of my favorites, but when I put it on, the sleeves kept falling off my shoulders. I liked the fluttery sleeves, the nipped-in waist, and the delicate print. Perhaps I should have gone down a size, but they had very few left to choose from. There is a zip closure in the back which I found hard to reach. In the end, I decided to pass on this dress as well.

Jovovich Hawk for Target I saw this dress featured in Lucky magazine, so I was curious to see how it fit. I liked the button closures up the front and the fitted waistline, and I thought it was quite flattering. The deal breaker for me was that the fabric was transparent and ivory isn't one of my best colors. With a slipdress underneath and a delicate necklace, I think this piece would look great on many people.
Jovovich Hawk for Target Pictured above is the Arabesque halter dress. I tried a small, and found it to be very tight in the bodice area. In the Target ads, they showed it with the linen vest (which was almost sold out in my store). I didn't like the fit on top and the shape of the neckline, so I didn't buy it.

Overall, I wasn't wowed by the collection, as there seemed to be an abundance of the color ivory and also of prints with an orange-brown color scheme. I am glad they used a lot of cotton and some linen, as opposed to cheap looking synthetics. Even the polyester pieces were comfortable and steered clear of looking cheap. With regards to the sizing, I found it to be inconsistent from piece to piece. Many of the dresses ran small in the bodice area, so you may have to go up a size. I think that this collection, with its earthy boho chic vibe, appeals to a broader demographic than the Erin Fetherston cutesy babydoll styles.

I may return to buy the star print vest and tunic, the floral chiffon blouse featured in the ads, and perhaps the square-necked dress which is pictured above second from the top. I had every intention of waking up early on Sunday to be one of the first to see the merchandise, but my Saturday night activities took priority (meaning that I went out, had a blast, and slept in late) and I also didn't think that the collection would be so popular. My visits to 3 other stores on late Sunday night and early Monday morning also revealed that customers are favoring the Jovovich-Hawk merchandise. The dotted wrap dress, the smocked dresses, the blue & green swimsuit, and the striped knit tops seem to be the best sellers. I'm not so sure how the linen culottes, the ivory slacks, the denim miniskirt, and the short shorts will do, as there were plenty to choose from in the stores that I visited.

I ended up buying only 3 pieces from the collection pictured below. I'm curious as to what other people think of the collection and what they bought. Feel free to leave your opinions!

Jovovich Hawk for Target
Jovovich Hawk for Target
Jovovich Hawk for Target