© 2007-2024 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Friday, March 21, 2008

Keep Austin Weird

Austin Texas For those of you familiar with Austin, the photo above needs no explanation. If you're not familiar with the capital of Texas, behold the largest state Capitol building in the United States. Having wandered around inside it today, I can testify as to its enormity. It's no wonder I'm exhausted! I visited several museums today and went shopping along Guadalupe, a.k.a. The Drag. In all honesty, I'm a bit disappointed in the street style and the fashion/shopping scene here in Austin. Maybe my expectations were too high or I haven't hit the right neighborhoods. Yesterday I experienced my first dELiA*s store, Dillard's, and the very cool SoCo area. On Wednesday I watched an amazing performance by Matt White at Stubb's. If you haven't heard of him, his sound is comparable to John Mayer. Since it's Friday night, I'll keep this post short. After all, I'm in the heart of the 6th Street entertainment district, and there are bars, clubs, and shops to visit! I will post photos of my shopping adventures and purchases in the coming days. Cheers to Austin!