© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Friday, July 2, 2010

Five Beauty Products I Can't Live Without

beauty products

Confession - although I would classify by hair and makeup looks as veering on the tousled/natural side, I use a ton of beauty products. Call me high maintenance, I'm guilty as charged. I use a lot of products to mousturize, prep my skin, and cleanse. Going through my bathroom for a bit of cleaning, I realized that there are five products I just can't live without.

1. Aveeno Positively Smooth Lotion - I used to buy this at the drugstore, but unfortunately, it's no longer stocked by any of the stores in my area, so I try to track it down wherever I can online. When used regularly, it softens hair regrowth, makes stubble less noticeable, and helps me to shave a lot less often. Since I have sensitive skin and despise shaving, this product is perfect for me.

2. Bioré Pore Strips - other than getting a facial, these pore strips are the best thing for removing buildup and getting rid of blackheads. I use them every few days to clean my pores and reduce blemishes. They're readily available at Target and various drugstores for under $10.

3. Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs - forget bronzer and self-tanner, this stuff is genius for giving skin a natural, tan appearance. It fades skin flaws, is water resistant, goes on smoothly without streaks, and has the slightest bit of shimmer. Even better, it costs under $12 at Target, and one bottle lasts me for a few months.

4. Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Sunblock SPF 60 - since I'm outdoors for frequent bike rides and dog walks, and I'm allergic to chemical sunblocks, I need something with physical sunblock ingredients (such as titanium dioxide) that won't irritate my skin. Neutrogena's Sensitive Skin sunblock has no strong/offensive scent, provides waterproof and sweatproof protection, and does not leave a greasy residue on my skin. I probably use a bottle every couple of weeks, especially during the summer.

5. Yves Saint Laurent Touche Èclat - once I tried it, I discovered that there's a compelling reason why beauty editors constantly rave about this concealer. It's simply amazing. It flawlessly covers dark circles, reflects light, makes skin appear more radiant, and does not sink into fine lines or creases. It costs more than most of my other products, but it's well worth it.