© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sonia Rykiel for H&M, Anyone?

I completely forgot to post these photos of the Sonia Rykiel for H&M collection that I took during my time in San Francisco last month. Given the popularity and instant sell-out status of the Cavalli and CdG for H&M collections, I was quite surprised to see the Rykiel merchandise still on the racks of the San Francisco flagship three days after its release on February 20. As much as I love a striped knit, I was unable to find a single piece from the collection that I loved enough to purchase. Two of the dresses that I liked (the pink and black striped one and the striped body-con one in the middle of the first photo), were ridiculously and unflatteringly long. The footwear, bangles, and berets were in full supply, leading me to believe that it wasn't the price points that were keeping shoppers from getting a piece of Rykiel at a lower price. Perhaps shoppers are growing weary of these designer collaborations, and are less likely to open their wallets than they were a few years ago when such designer/mass market collections were more of a novelty.

Sonia Rykiel for H&M

Sonia Rykiel for H&M