© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I Want Wedges

For the seemingly endless transitional time between winter and spring, I'm loving the idea of wedge ankle boots. While I'm not quite ready to bare my toes, I am ready to opt for shorter length boots in anticipation of spring. Infinitely more comfortable and practical than stiletto or block heels for days on my feet, wedge boots strike the perfect balance between chic and casual. I spotted these black wedges with foldover details at Forever 21 a few weeks ago, but didn't buy them, and now I'm regretting it.
Forever 21 wedge ankle boot
After seeing these similar tan ankle boots at Zara, I want the F21 version even more. Unfortunately, the only pair left was on the mannequin, so I'll have to make do by admiring them from the photo.
Zara wedge ankle boot
Aldo's version features a peep-toe and cinched detail, and comes in either green or black. Whether worn with tights and plenty of layers now, or with a floral chiffon dress later, they're a stylishly simple solution for the winter-to-spring time frame when your mind set is geared toward warmer weather but Mother Nature is not.
Aldo peep toe wedge ankle boot