© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Lightening Up With Lavender

In an effort to recreate the gorgeous shade of muted lavender nail lacquer that I admired yesterday at a beauty supply shop, I decided to combine two of my own shades rather than buy yet another bottle of nail polish. You see, I probably own about 30 bottles of nail color right now, and my tendency to constantly buy nail polish is certainly in line with reports that purchases of beauty products have gone up during the recession. I find nail polish one of the easiest ways to reinvent my look, and since it's so inexpensive at places like Ulta and Target, I frequently find myself picking up a bottle or two. So in an effort to get artsy, make do with what I have, and create a softer color, I mixed OPI's Purple with a Purpose and a few drops of Sally Hansen's White On to get a nice mid-range hue of lavender. What's great about the Sally Hansen color is that it's a fairly matte, solid white (not sheer like some whites or pearls), and a tiny amount is highly effective in lightening other nail colors that I have. In anticipation of wearing lighter hues for spring, I think my next nail color hybrids may involve the perfect shades of baby pink, light gray, and sky blue.

lavender nail polish


lavender nail polish