© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

High On Heels

In 2010 I won't be buying into the overhyped kitten heel/flats trend. Like many women who want to apear as tall and lean as possible, I need (and take) every inch I can get when it comes to my footwear. I won't be giving up my platforms and chunky wedge ankle boots anytime soon. For recent nights out on the town, I've repeatedly reached for my highest heels while getting dressed. These days my "high" heels are in the five to six inch range, with a one to two inch platform. My latest acquisitions are some perfectly leg-lengthening studded pumps from cheap chic mall store Shiekh. They boast a 5.5" heel with a 1.25" platform. While I typically shy away from many of Shiekh's cheap-looking offerings, these practically jumped off the shelf as I browsed. The faux velvet texture, chunky silhouette, sculptural heel, and studded detail reminded me of similar styles currently at Aldo.

In an effort to curb my spending on inexpensive footwear, I debated purchasing them for two days, and eventually went back to the store convinced they had to be mine. So much for resolutions. I immediately wore them out on New Year's Eve with a black body con mini dress and a vintage beaded jacket, and due to their versatility I can imagine wearing them with dozens of other outfits. Here's to high heels and the new year!

stud platform pumps



stud platform pumps



stud platform pumps