© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Weekend of Food

In addition to consuming a fair share of mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, and corn bread over Thanksgiving weekend, I succeeded at my one goal for the four-day time period - not to go shopping or buy anything other than food. As a tribute to my overindulgence, I thought I'd share some photos of what I ate (not including Thanksgiving).

On Saturday morning, I visited the local farmers' market, where I couldn't resist the mouth-watering coconut macaroons.

Photobucket

Then I headed to my favorite South American restaurant to satisfy my craving for a garbanzo bean salad and savory empanadas.

Photobucket


Photobucket

On Sunday, a grilled cheese sandwich and alfalfa sprout salad with lemon dill dressing filled me up for lunch.

Photobucket

I must admit that it was challenging for me not to do any shopping (in store or online), but keeping myself busy with other things such as cooking, dining out, biking, walking the dog, and reading made the weekend both fulfilling and enjoyable.