© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Oh, Rodarte!

Rodarte for Target
image scanned from People Style Watch
Having just received my copy of People Style Watch, I was excited to see their preview of the Rodarte for Target collection (on page 54) set to be released in just under three weeks. I'm currently weighing my anticipation for the romantic, ballerina-esque pieces against my disdain for being anywhere near a Target parking lot in the midst of the holiday shopping season. As much as I dislike the crowds and the parking nightmares, I've concluded that Rodarte is surely enough to lure me into Target right before Christmas. I've got me eye on the leopard print dress worn by Dakota Fanning in Teen Vogue and the crepe-silk blend tulle dress pictured above, center. With this collection, my shopping strategy will be to select pieces that make more of a statement, hence my lack of enthusiasm for the denim jacket and LBD. Seeing as how this is Rodarte, I'm hoping to see attention to detail, interesting use of texture, and fun party-appropriate pieces in the collection. (Sequins, animal prints, and lots of sheer fabrics, please!) I haven't been this amped about a Target collaboration since the release of Richard Chai and Alexander McQueen's collections. So the countdown until December 20 begins...anyone else eyeing the collection?

**Update - read my review of Rodarte for Target here.