© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Don't Bother Santa, He's Surfing

I'm not much of a holiday person, but this year, I decided to do something I've always wanted to do - construct and decorate a gingerbread house (using a kit). Perhaps my next attempt will involve some baking. Thanks to J.V. for your engineering and creative skills for helping to make this happen!

gingerbread house

In an effort to avoid the mall crowds, maintain my exercise regimen, and enjoy the sunny weather, I went for a beach bike ride this morning, where I saw a few random things: a middle-aged, plus-sized jogger wearing the Rodarte for Target lace print tee minus the bow, 2 Santas parking their cars, 1 Santa on a motorcycle, the attractive bouncer at a club I frequent too often, a guy I dated years ago and his new dog, and lots of people who, like me, were exercising and trying to avoid last-minute holiday shoppers. When I returned home with renewed energy from the 8-mile ride, I was stoked to see the UPS truck in front, dropping off a package that made me very happy. You see, I managed to purchase the Rodarte for Target lace tights just as they became available on Target's website at midnight PST. Before they were shipped, I was half expecting that they'd be out of stock, and now I feel fortunate to have them in my hands, given their high demand and sparse appearance in many Target stores. I'm also kicking myself for not ordering two or three pairs in case they rip. (Oh well, if they do, I guess it will just enhance their cobwebby Rodarte-esque aesthetic.)

Rodarte for Target tights

Also, thank you to Michele for including me in the Rodarte for Target feature. Happy holidays!