© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Head Case

headpiece

image via asos.com

After seeing this gorgeous headpiece by Nicole Richie's jewelry line called House of Harlow 1960 (on Asos), I lamented the $329.65 price tag and then decided to create an inexpensive DIY version at home on Saturday evening. While my headpiece may not be gold plated, it was constructed from a ridiculously cheap necklace chain I picked up at Michael's. It basically consists of a 21" circular chain (and lobster clasp) with a 7" piece of chain bisecting it. After some experimentation, I've decided it looks best when worn with my hair parted in the middle so that the center chain lines up with my part. Since I've only worn it out to dinner, I'm still wary of how secure its precarious placement is atop my head, and probably won't be hitting the dance floor while wearing it anytime soon unless bobby pins are involved. Along the lines of headbands worn across the forehead, the idea of wearing a double-stranded beaded or rhinestone necklace as a headband suddenly seems so appealing for a glamorous, bohemian vibe.

headpiece

headpiece