© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Glam Girl

Photobucket


I just finished a quick and fun read called 101 Glam Girl Ways to an Ultra Chic Lifestyle by fashion stylist Dawn Del Russo. The book features fast and fun tips to inspire you and help you chic-ify your life. Each one-liner in the book is illustrated with charmingly girly sketches. It's a fast read, and offers tips such as:

Tip # 3 - Wear what you love. Don't always go for designer names. Look for splendid pieces in undiscovered boutiques. (I couldn't agree more. Nothing says personal style more than finding unique pieces at boutiques and secondhand shops and styling them your own way.)

Tip # 14 - Learn a second language. French is preferred, but speaking any fluently will up your chic factor. (This is wise advice. I learned Spanish in high school, which is useful and comes in handy almost every day. I also began to teach myself Italian, in the hopes that I'll be able to use it when I visit Italy.)

Tip # 36 - Five minute meditation. (Such a great way to induce relaxation, peace of mind, and to relieve stress.)

Tip # 92 - Secret fix - double stick tape. (This is one of my secret style weapons. I make liberal use of double-sided tape to prevent wardrobe malfunctions, and I highly recommend it for everything from keeping strapless tops in place to ensuring that strappy slingback sandals stay put on the back of my heels.)

Tip # 101 - Believe you can do anything. (I think this is one of the best tips, since it's so inspiring. If you visualize yourself achieving your goals, then you're one step closer to success!)