© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Random Things This Week

I've always got a lot of things (and thoughts) on my fashion to-do list. Whether it's a new site to inspect, a stylish must-have item that I want to purchase, or just something I've seen that's inspiring, sometimes I just have to jot such things down in a notebook. So why not also share them on my blog? Here are a few things on my mind this week:

* I've been searching high and low for the perfect black furry coat for winter. This morning, I found it on Topshop's website. Why, oh why is this glamorous goat hair coat from Topshop priced at $460? Damn you, Topshop for having such an outrageously out-of-my-price-range price on such a beautiful coat! (I'd happily settle for a more affordable acrylic version.)


Photobucket

* I'm checking out Elle.com’s online fashion guide, called Fall A to Zee. The guide is a list of Creative Director Joe Zee’s fall favorites, where each letter is paired with one of his 26 trend picks for the season. It also includes related clothing, accessories, and beauty products.

Photobucket


* I'm also liking the idea of the recently launched Gift Card Rescue site, which lets customers sell unused gift cards for cash, exchange gift cards for brand new gift cards of choice, or purchase gift cards at discounts of up to 50% off. Now you don't have to be stuck with a gift card you won't use!

* I just discovered that another of my favorite British high street stores, Next, delivers to the U.S., and for only $10. Must spend some time browsing...

*I'm thoroughly enjoying Nina Garcia's mini-makeovers of Target shoppers, which are filmed at Target stores as part of their Target Style Boutique initiative, which lands in my inbox every Friday.