© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

New Nails

With some time on my hands and newly found inspiration courtesy of the Jimmy Choo for H&M ad campaign, I opted to kill an hour's time by attempting a snow leopard manicure at home. In order to get an idea for what I was in for, I tried to watch some instructional videos on YouTube, but quickly became bored and just gave it a go. How hard could it be, anyway?

leopard manicure

For those of you who want to attempt this manicure, here's how I did it...I began with a clear base coat, then applied two coats of Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails in White On. After that dried, I randomly placed tiny drops of gray for the spots with Revlon's Steel-her Heart. Lastly, I used a Sally Hansen nail art pen in Black to meticulously draw thin outlines around each gray spot. The result is quite eye-catching...

leopard manicure

I think that the smaller and more irregular the spots are, the better the manicure looks. So no worries if you haven't got a steady hand! When I become tired of looking at this manicure in a day or two, I think I may attempt it in brown/gold/black or maybe even pale pink/fuschia/red.