© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Friday, October 9, 2009

Cuz You've Been Nighttiming Baby

Although I enjoy living where I live, for me, the biggest downfall of being in a beach town equates to a casual dress code, even at the swankest bars, lounges and restaurants. So you can imagine that I don't draw much inspiration for going-out outfits from the people I see around town, and I often feel like I'm overdressed. Case in point...

Two weekends ago (for a night at a fancy lounge/bar), I attempted to execute the underwear-as-outerwear trend with my new sequin hot pants from Topshop. Taking a cue from Topshop's Marianne lookbook, I hastily put together this look consisting of a cropped tee, vintage beaded jacket, and the most comfortable leg-lengthening heels I could find. To avoid competing with the flashiness of the jacket and hot pants, I skipped out on jewelery, and went with minimal makeup. The mix of prints and textures doesn't translate as well in photographs, as it is best appreciated in person. I realize that it's quite a daring look for my conservative town, but I enjoy knowing that I won't have the same outfit as anyone else. Furthermore, not only was the outfit comfortable, but I also found the silhouette to be intriguing because it's both modest (the upper portion) and daring (the lower half) simultaneously. And with designers putting lots of Lady Gaga-esque skimpy shorts/underwear on the Spring 2010 runways, I have a hunch that the legs will take center stage as the new erogenous zone come next summer.

Photobucket



Photobucket


Wearing: cropped zebra tee - Strawberry, beaded jacket - vintage, hot pants - Topshop, leggings - Forever 21, heels - Steve Madden