© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Consolation Prizes

Photobucket

Finally, a slight chill in the air today allowed me to break out one of my new transitional summer-to-fall jackets. When I initially spied this faded denim motorcycle jacket last month at San Francisco Centre's Wet Seal, I scooped it up without thinking about how I'd style it. Little did I know how versatile it would be. Later that night, I wore it out to dinner over H&M's landscape print T-shirt dress. The following day for museum-hopping, I styled it with a floral hanky tee, gray skinnies, and a floral fringe scarf. Then I wore it later that night to shopping, dinner, and the Phoenix show - with a boyfriend tank, glossy leggings, and flat motorcycle boots (perfect for all the dancing I did when Phoenix rocked the house). Coincidentally, as I browsed at Zara on Post St. earlier that night, I discovered a strikingly similar version in darker denim, albeit with a price almost double what I paid at Wet Seal. As much as I love Zara, I couldn't help but pat myself on the back for procuring the less expensive version.

Wearing: Fruit of the Loom tee, Wet Seal jacket, Forever 21 bag & jeans, Charlotte Russe boots, random studded cuffs

Listening to: Consolation Prizes by Phoenix