© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

SF Highlights

It's always refreshing to get out of town for a change of scenery. Last week's absence from the blog gave me the chance to explore and enjoy northern California and my favorite American city - San Francisco. The scenic (and long) drive through pastoral areas affords great views of hillsides dotted with abandoned farmhouses and grazing cows.

Photobucket

I finally visited the Hearst Castle, with its sprawling hillsides, lush furnishings, multiple guest houses, and amazing ocean views.

Hearst Castle

Photobucket

After the castle tour, it was off to an early dinner in the charming coastal town of Cambria a few miles away.

Photobucket

Due to having no cell phone service or internet connection in Cambria, I was able to relax, walk by the beach, and enjoy the views right as the sun was setting.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then it was on to San Francisco, and my excitement grew as I neared the city and anticipated my upcoming activities.

Photobucket

The hotel room in San Francisco actually had a water view, as well as a close proximity to the largest H&M in the city, which I visited twice in two days (hey, they get new shipments in daily).

Photobucket

At Macy's in Union Square, I browsed the RACHEL Rachel Roy collection and tried on the velvet 24 hour dress I'd been eyeing. As the sizing ran large, I tried on a zero (which would ordinarily never fit me), and realized that the dress was still a little roomy, so I added the belt to cinch it in. I gravitated towards a few dresses in the collection, however, being petite, I found that the lengths and proportions weren't flattering on me, so I didn't purchase anything.

Photobucket

The next day I ventured to the deYoung Museum for a look at the ever-popular King Tut exhibition, which was well worth the long wait in line.

Photobucket

Afterwards, I took a quick walk acoss the courtyard to the Planetarium (where I watched a breathtaking show called Fragile Planet) and the eco-friendly living rooftop garden at the California Academy of Sciences.

Photobucket