© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Trend On The Rise - Bold Boots

Having seen some of the fall '09 boot offerings by Payless in such magazines as Nylon, Elle, and Marie Claire, I was enthusiastic to discover this morning that some new styles have just become available on their website. Admittedly, I haven't shopped much at Payless since the days of my youth, with the exception of some of their designer collaborations. With a soft spot in my heart for boots, I was eagerly awaiting the arrival of new alice + olivia, Abaeté, and Christian Siriano for Payless styles on the website. Knowing that my favorite style, the Robertson boot, would probably not be available in a store near me, I took the plunge and ordered it online. Perhaps it was the nonchalant way in which Peaches rocks them with faded skinnies and a denim jacket in the August issue of Nylon that first piqued my interest. The peep-toe platform silhouette is reminiscent of Alexander Wang's much-loved boots from last season, and the jeweled detail lends playful femininity to a strong, masculine shape. As for the comfort factor, I'll have to wait and see...

ankle boots

images from payless.com