© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Monday, August 24, 2009

New Look News

As an envious fan of the British high street and its affordable, trend-conscious offerings, you can imagine my delight upon finding out that New Look now delivers overseas, notably to the U.S., Australia, and several European countries including France, Germany, Spain, and Italy. During two recent trips to Europe, I stocked up at New Look on chiffon blouses, flat boots, and fun accessories. Having also spent my fair share of time browsing the website recently and lamenting the fact that they didn't deliver to the U.S., I wasted no time at all in finding some of my favorite pieces. Even with the unfavorable GBP to USD exchange rate (currently 1.64), New Look's prices are low enough (in my opinion) to still make most items reasonably priced for Americans. With Dorothy Perkins, Miss Selfridge, and Topshop also delivering to the U.S., my fantasy online British high street is almost complete. I'm still waiting for River Island and Warehouse to begin shipping to the U.S. Additionally, the day that H&M opens an online store with shipping to the U.S. will be cause for celebration.

Below are some of my favorite pieces from New Look for making the transition into fall.

New Look clothing

images via New Look

1. Sequin blazer, £40
2. Leather military jacket, £120
3. High leg boots, £40
4. Shoulder pad rose dress, £18
5. Multi zip skirt, £22
6. Satin bow bag, £8