© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Monday, August 3, 2009

Blacked Out

For enthusiasts of the Stolen Girlfriends Club bandage leggings of which Queen Michelle is a devoted fan, Bebe has a similar version with mesh insets and criss cross styling. I seldom shop at Bebe, however, I think they've upped their game in recent seasons. In fact, Bebe has quite a few offerings for fall which have caught my eye: feather skirts, chain-embellished vests, moto jeans, grommet heels, etc. (It seems the Bebe design team has clearly been inspired by Wang and Decarnin.)

After admiring the bandage-y leggings on Bebe's website and lamenting the fact that they didn't stock my size, I lucked out and managed to find a pair in my size at one of their stores. On an unrelated nore, while browsing, I observed a notable difference between the offerings at the L.A. area location and a downtown Portland location that I visited last week. It seemed that L.A.'s merchandise was much more glitzy and dressy, which isn't surprising when you start to compare the two cities.

sheer panel leggings

Wearing: sunglasses - H&M, embellished top and motorcycle jacket - Forever 21, mesh inset leggings - Bebe, lace-up boots - Steve Madden, bracelets - assorted, dome ring - H&M

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket

I also indulged myself in a new pair of killer boots from Steve Madden with stripper-esque details, a super high 5" heel, 1.5" platform, subtle ruffles, and D-rings. Considering that I usually steer clear of heels over 4", these are amazingly comfortable and a breeze to walk in. As a devoted boot wearer, I'm ready for cold weather so I can stow away my sandals and start wearing some of my new boots.

Steve Madden Towwer lace up boots