© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Monday, July 6, 2009

Saturday Before Last

Bored with the same old scenery the weekend before the 4th, I decided to head out to Carpinteria, a small beach town just south of Santa Barbara. Little did I know what a great day I'd picked to explore the downtown area. After munching on sinfully scrumptious fruit-covered yogurt from Yo Yum Yum (my latest addiction), I strolled down Carpinteria Ave and came upon a charming flea market on Maple St. Upon inquiring, I found out that they hold the flea market on the last Saturday of each month.

Carpinteria flea market

Amongst the items for sale were vintage dresses, antique brooches, lots of costume jewelry, and plenty of girly knick knacks. It was like a mini Rose Bowl, but without the crowds and the stifling Pasadena heat. After a walk through the flea market and a quick browse inside the nearby historical museum, I walked to Linden St. with the intent of exploring the small shops that dot the compact downtown area.

Photobucket

Quaint surf shops like the one above are a constant reminder that the beach is only a few blocks away. Walking down Linden, I saw that the street was closed to traffic due to a vintage car show and parade. Both sides of the street were lined with pristinely restored cars from the '40s to the '60s. I think the vibrant colors and bold, sweeping lines of classic cars is visually inspiring, and interestingly enough, has inspired me to wear '50s-esque full skirts and dresses.

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket