© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

More Chains On The Brain

Having caught the flu during my trip to Portland, I took it upon myself to improve my mood this week with another DIY project involving chains. In my DayQuil-induced state, I might have gone overboard with the chains and safety pins, but I'm satisfied that I've added a heavy dose of attitude to a regular old Russell hoodie.

Photobucket

Wearing: striped tank - Richard Chai for Target, DIY chain hoodie - Russell, jeans - River Island, boots - Sam Edelman, jewelry - Portland Saturday Market

Photobucket

A heavily spiked cuff, a studded cuff, and skull rings have been on my wish list for several months now. I struck gold at Portland's Saturday Market when I discovered a cool young vendor who made unique embellished cuffs out of vintage leather belts. He had so many lust-worthy styles that my head was spinning (and the steamy, hot weather didn't help, either). In the end, I decided upon these two styles, and I've been wearing them almost daily.

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket

The Sam Edelman wedge boots were a bit of a splurge for me at Nordstrom Rack, and they're incredibly easy to walk in, despite their appearance. Sometimes it's worth it to trade up from sticky faux leather to breathable, buttery soft leather! For my fall footwear choices, I'm gravitating towards wedge boots, peep-toe boots, and anything with fun embellishments, such as the braid detail on these boots.

Photobucket