© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Kid's Kicks

The return of the crop top this season didn't exactly get me jumping for joy, as I prefer not to bare my midriff, however, being open to many a fashion trend, I had to at least give it a try. Rather than purchasing American Apparel's respectable version, I opted for an inexpensive and simple DIY version with a men's Fruit of the Loom tee. That way I could make the top the length I desired given my consideration for belly button modesty. Although I did this project a couple of months ago, I've been waiting for the perfect combination of warm weather, adequate high rise jeans, and a sporty outfit for the tee to make its debut. I typically shy away from matchy matchy looks, but unimaginative pink and gray take center stage in this one.

In New York, I adopted an inexplicable new affinity for multi-colored kicks, which I saw being worn by East Coast girls who tuck their jeans into them and bunch them up at the ankle with lots of attitude. The Nikes are actually from the kid's department, and a swap of the gray laces for neon ones gave me the trio of colors that I desired.

Photobucket


Photobucket