© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Friday, May 15, 2009

Tracy Feith For Target Two Days Early- A Review

Armed with a gift card and some mild enthusiasm for the latest GO International collection, I popped into Target for a peek at Tracy Feith's designs for the masstige retailer. Fortunately, the goods had just hit the floor, making for neat and orderly racks.

Tracy Feith for Target
Tracy Feith for Target
Tracy Feith for Target
Selection appeared to be limited to one piece in each size. Three other shoppers were casually perusing the pieces as I browsed for the key items that interested me. Unfortunately, there were no leather moto jackets and no swimsuits at this store. As I glanced at the pieces, I noticed a predominance of '60s prints that reminded me of vintage curtains or wallpaper. As I'm not a fan of bright orange, lemon yellow, or olive green, I skipped some of the items with such colors, as I've learned from experience that they don't flatter my coloring.

Knowing that the fitting room limit is six items and that my Target keeps those rooms hotter than a sauna, I limited my selections to six in the interest of my patience. The first piece I tried, the hooded jacket (in size extra small), ran tight in the wrist area, but had a nice contrasting print inside and felt comfortable over my lightweight tank top. Rather than a button-front closure, I would have preferred a durable zipper, as it's faster to fasten, especially if it's windy or raining. Otherwise, it's a great warm weather cover-up that's lightweight and would work well with shorts and a tunic or over a casual day dress.
Tracy Feith for Target
I liked the silhouette of the cotton maxi dress, however, I could not envision myself wearing these colors. Perhaps with less yellow and more white or blue, I would have picked it up. The apron-esque silhouette and ruffled neckline add a flirty and vintage touch, and the ankle-grazing length was just right on my petite frame. My mother probably wore dresses just like this in the '70s. I found this dress to run large for those who are considering ordering online. If I recall correctly, there was a side zip which made it easy to get in and out of.
Photobucket
After seeing the striped sweater in the lookbook, I placed it on my mental wish list. However, once I got in the steamy dressing room, the 100% acrylic piece had me sweating. The fit runs large, and it could benefit from a belt to define the waist. I did like the preppry stripes, the patch pockets, and the boyfriend silhouette, but decided not to buy it. Perhaps I'll think about it and if I can't get it out of my head, I'll buy it later...

Photobucket
The bloomer shorts intrigued me, and if you're brave enough to try them, they're a fun alternative to cutoff shorts, minis, and harem pants this season. Admittedly, they're difficult to wear, but the eyelet trim and puffy shape makes them charming in a retro way. They're made of 100% cotton, and there's a back zip and two on-seam pockets. I can picture these with either platform pumps for night or flat embellished sandals for day and a form-fitting top to counteract the voluminous silhouette.

Photobucket

Other than the moto jacket which I didn't get to inspect, in my opinion, the star piece in Tracy Feith's collection for Target is the strapless dress consisting of two contrasting prints. It also comes in black for those who would like the dress in a more pared-down color. I found it to run small, and sized up to a 5, as the torso area was too tight on the size 3 I tried on. The back has an exposed zipper and the 100% linen bodice features boning for structure. My favorite aspect of this dress is the volume and the bold cotton print on the bottom half. It's got that tribal, world traveler vibe that appeals to me. Some chunky bangles and tribal Louis Vuitton-esque heels would complement this dress perfectly for a sunset dinner. It's definitely not for the shy at heart; you'll get noticed if you don this dress.
Photobucket
Having seen the strappy floral dress in Lucky, I was curious to try it on. When spring comes around, I'm a sucker for delicate floral prints like this. The skirt has a bubble silhouette, giving it a youthful edge, and the bodice has an exposed side zipper with smocking in the back for better fit. The straps are adjustable, the fabric is a little flimsy, and the skirt is short, but I bought the piece anyway, as I intend to layer it.

Photobucket
The variety of statement prints in this collection is perfectly appropriate for the coming summer days and for vacations to warm, exotic locations. The '60s-inspired shift dresses and the cropped Hawaiian jacket appeared to be well made and best suited for tall thin types. The heavy use of cotton was refreshing to see, as polyester tends to dominate many GO International collections. Overall, I found it to be a fun, cheerful collaboration with a slight bohemian edge, somewhat reminiscent of the Jovovich-Hawk line for Target in spring of last year.