© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Shopping Matthew Williamson For H and M

Being the diehard fan of cheap chic designer collaborations that I am, I went to the H&M location at Westfield Topanga this morning to inspect the new Matthew Williamson summer collection. As I arrived at about half past ten, there were already a few women frantically gathering armloads of goods and scurrying off to the fitting rooms and cash registers. I spotted some forty-somethings trying on bright tunics in the checkout line, while other happy shoppers had large piles of clothing at the cash registers.

Having previewed the colorful collection on H&M's press pages, I already knew what I wanted: the hot pink vest, the blue pleated trousers, the beaded vest, the peacock tank, and the men's studded jeans in blue. Unfortunately, many of the pieces I was most excited about were not stocked at this store. Upon inquiry, I was told they would not be receiving any more shipments of the collection.

As I browsed, I noticed that most of the swimsuits and tunics had already been snatched up, so I scooped up the blue peacock print tank, the hot pink studded belt, and then went on to look at the men's collection, where I was happy to see that the racks looked untouched. Here's a tip for those of you ladies who are open to wearing menswear - the men's tees, studded jeans, blazers, and printed scarves in Matthew Williamson's collection could easily be worn by women who are so inclined. Furthermore, the men's racks might have a better selection, as women are generally less likely to shop in the men's department, and men in some areas might be less likely to know about the collection.

Matthew Williamson for H&M


As I looked at the bold prints and breezy silhouettes of the tunics and dresses, I thought they'd make great items to pack on a tropical vacation. I think it's time for a trip to Hawaii...

Matthew Williamson for H&M

Interestingly enough, as I left the store, I glanced back at the racks and noticed the employees quickly replenishing them with quite a few go-backs from the dressing rooms. I would not be surprised if the collection is completely sold out by the end of the day.

Matthew Williamson for H&M