© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Maxx-imized Shopping

Among the small load of things I hauled away from Topshop in NYC were these studded bleach-effect jeans. Upon eyeing them in the store, I had a flashback to the first time I saw them on Topshop's website. Yes, they cost more than I've spent on jeans in ages, but I knew I would not be able to find a similar pair for less or accurately recreate the look myself, as much as I'm tempted to buy some studs, some bleach, and give it a go. Furthermore, I've justified spending more money on the jeans by saving lots of money on a recent shopping trip to T.J. Maxx. What can I say...occasionally I splurge, but mostly I save by shopping at discounters and off-price retailers.

Photobucket


Wearing: American Apparel tee, McQ for Target vest, Topshop jeans, Steve Madden sandals

Photobucket



Photobucket


While browsing at T.J. Maxx, I found these perfect go-with-anything strappy sandals that are right in line with this season's neutral color trend. They're made by Steve Madden, and are incredibly lightweight and walkable due to the cork soles, thick straps, and sturdy heels. You may have seen the clever "spendervention" commercials running lately on TV for T.J. Maxx and Marshalls. In the ads, a group of girlfriends get together and stage a spending intervention for their boutique-browsing friend in an effort to get her from overpaying on the same things that the off-price retailers sell for less. Looking for J Brand jeans? Well my T.J. Maxx had some for $60. Going on vacation this summer? I spotted some stylish Diane von Furstenberg logo luggage sets at Marshalls for under $70.

Speaking (or writing) of luggage, at T.J. Maxx, I lucked out when I found a newer, darker blue version of my much-used and very beloved Delsey suitcase. After traveling for the past three years, my favorite suitcase was showing some wear and tear. At T.J. Maxx's $79.99 price point, I paid less than half of what I paid for my original one at a department store, and I can't wait to use the new suitcase on my next trip.

Photobucket

In the sportswear department, I was on the lookout for neon. I must have been inspired by the "Glow Zone" editorial in last Sunday's Image section of the L.A. Times. It didn't take long to find a functional yellow-green windbreaker that will serve me well on my frequent bike rides.

Photobucket
Wearing: American Apparel tee, Predator Wear jacket, H&M leggings, and Mango-Get-Em nail color by Loréal.