© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Monday, May 18, 2009

In The Mood For The CUBE

My return to the peaceful suburbs (after going to NYC) and an evening shopping trip to Marshalls have left me feeling grateful that I can shop after 5pm without battling the crowds, traffic, and picked over piles of clothing that I encountered in many NYC stores. While NYC has some amazing shopping, there is something to be said for suburban discounters like Marshalls. If you patiently look through the racks, you might be rewarded. My leisurely browse through their trend-oriented department known as The CUBE revealed quite a few affordably priced summer staples.

Marshalls


I spotted bleached jeans, cutoff shorts, printed maxi dresses, plaid dresses, graphic tees, brightly colored tunics, printed leggings, straw hats, oversize sunglasses, and plenty of flirty handbags. In the particular store I visited, The CUBE section had been rearranged so that it was located front and center in the store, making it easy to shop. My favorite finds were a Betsey Johnson tote bag, a black halter maxi dress perfect for casual summer days, and some incredibly inexpensive leggings printed with the words "peace" and "love." With Memorial Day festivities, summer festivals, and outdoor concerts around the corner, these are just the things I'll be wanting to wear.


Marshalls The Cube


Those of you who are on Facebook can catch up with the savvy folks behind The CUBE and get access to exclusive content right here.