© 2007-2017 Fashion Trend Guide. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on Fashion Trend Guide without express and written permission from Fashion Trend Guide's author is strictly prohibited, and immediate legal action will be taken against any infringement of copyright.

Monday, May 11, 2009

I Woke Up In NY

Six nights and 570 pictures later, I'm back from NYC. As I sit at my desk swamped with emails, I realize how many of them are generated from PR offices in NY and it occurs to me how much of the fashion industry revolves around this energetic, busy city. (Thanks to those of you who sent me emails about sample sales and other events in the NYC area.) And many thanks to the folks over at Shecky's who recently linked to my post about how to look taller.

Although I enjoyed my time away from home, it feels great to see the vibrant lawns in my neighborhood, the open fields along the freeway, and feel the cool spring air. Amazingly, as I watch the Nightly News on NBC tonight, I see the same desk (from which Brian Williams broadcasts to millions of viewers) that I saw yesterday afternoon when I toured the NBC studios at Rockefeller Center. Just before the tour, I snapped this photo from the Top of the Rock. At the risk of rambling on in my slightly jet-lagged state of mind, I'm going to finish unpacking. For those of you who are interested, I will be posting shopping recaps, travel insights, and store photos in the coming days.

New York City view